- Advisory: all investments are held in your own name in accounts personally set up for you. Your approval is required before any change to your investments can be made, so you are always in full control.
- Discretionary: investments are held in a designated account operated by the manager. The manager will alter your investments within the terms of an agreed investment policy without reference to you.
Churchill's services are advisory. We believe this is the most appropriate way for most people to manage their investments, because:
- You are fully involved not just in the formulation of the policy governing the way your investments are managed but also the actual decisions taken.
- We have to justify each investment decision to you, which is a good discipline for us.
- We can take account of your personal tax position in any changes we make to your investments.